Clovis, CA – April 22, 2017…The Supermodified Ultimate Pavement Racing Series, (SUPRS), wraps up another exciting season of wing supermodified sim racing with the 13th Annual SUPRS Season Summit Classic 125 on April 23-25 at Madera Speedway.
The 13th Annual Summit Classic 125 is the 41st race of the 2016-2017 SUPRS Gold Crest Wing Championship XIII and the second leg of the SUPRS Supermodified Sim Racing Triple Crown.
In preparation for the 13th running of the Summit Classic 125 on Wednesday, there will be a Test-N-Tune Sunday where drivers will be in both their wing and non-wing supermodified sim racing cars. The track opens at 8pm.
Then on April 24, the SUPRS Monday Madera Madness non-wing supermodified 40 lapper take place. Practice begins at 7:30pm for this race that is now in its second year. Last year’s event had just two cautions and Clinton Cyr won after a thrilling three-lap shootout to the finish with Ray Sand, Jr.
On Tuesday, 13th Annual Summit Classic 125. Originally scheduled for Tuesday, the invitation only Cherry Breaker 63 for drivers that have never won a SUPRS wing supermodified feature, was canceled due to lack of eligible drivers leaving drivers to focus on Time Trials for the 13th Annual Summit Classic 125. Group Practice on Tuesday begins at 8pm and the battle to see which two-drivers will be locked into the race and start on the front row starts at 9pm with single car Time Trials.
Finally on Wednesday, the grand finale for SUPRS happens and the drivers will try to add their name to the long list of winners of the Summit Classic 125. Practice will begin at 7:00pm with the green flag dropping on the 13th Annual Summit Classic 125 starting field at 9:00pm.
Tough to Win
In 12 prior years only five drivers have won this challenging race with Ray Sand, Jr. being the all-time winner with five. John Davidson has three Summit Classic wins and was the first driver to win back to back. The only other driver with multiple wins is Bob Gangwer, a two-time back to back winner. Gangwer is the defending winner of the race. Steve Callahan, (2013), and Myles Maxon, (2010), are also former winners.
Warren Wraps Up Third SUPRS Championship
This year when the non-wing supermodifieds hit the track on Monday Rob Warren will seal the deal on his second SUPRS Gold Crest Championship and first Gold Crest Wing Championship. Warren has previously won the SUPRS Gold Crest Non-Wing Championship and has a Silver Crest Championship to his credit.
Last year, Warren sat on the front row for the Summit Classic for the second straight year and is a favorite to win at Madera in the 125 lap event on Wednesday. With 14 wins so far this season, he could also set a new SUPRS record for most wins in a season, topping the man he’s tied with Ray Sand, Jr. if he picks up win 15.
Summit Classic 125 for the Fans
For the first time, events of the SUPRS 13th Annual Summit Classic 125 will be streamed alongside of timing, scoring, and track telemetry data on SUPRS LIVE! Fans will enjoy driver interviews, an inside look at Race Control, fan chat, and all the action of the longest consecutively running supermodified sim race. Watch for more details in the coming days and don’t forget to bookmark SUPRS LIVE!
Fans of supermodified racing and online sim racers alike can learn more about the Supermodified Ultimate Pavement Racing Series by visiting www.SUPRS.net, “Liking” SUPRS on Facebook, Circling SUPRS on Google+, Following @SUPRSOnline on Twitter, and Viewing SUPRS videos on YouTube.
Summit Classic 125 History:
- 2005 Summit Classic Champion: John Davidson
- 2006 Summit Classic Champion: John Davidson
- 2007 Summit Classic Champion: Ray Sand Jr
- 2008 Summit Classic Champion: Ray Sand Jr
- 2009 Summit Classic Champion: Ray Sand Jr
- 2010 Summit Classic Champion: Myles Maxon
- 2011 Summit Classic Champion: Ray Sand Jr
- 2012 Summit Classic Champion: John Davidson
- 2013 Summit Classic Champion: Steve Callahan
- 2014 Summit Classic Champion: Ray Sand Jr
- 2015 Summit Classic Champion: Bob Gangwer
- 2016 Summit Classic Champion: Bob Gangwer
***2017 13th Annual Summit Classic 125 Week Schedule of Events***
- 8:00pm-Test-N-Tune – rFactor SUPRS NW v1.2 – SUPRS Madera Speedway
- 9:00pm-Test-N-Tune – rFactor SUPRS W v7.1 – SUPRS Madera Speedway
Monday Madera Madness 40
rFactor Non-Wing Supermodified
- 7:00pm-Systems Checks
- 8:00pm-Driver’s Meeting
- 8:15pm-Time Trials: non-wing supermodifieds
- 8:30pm-Fast Car Dash – 6 Laps
- 8:45pm-Heats – 10 Laps
- 9:00pm-Green Flag Feature Event – 40 Laps
13th Annual Summit Classic 125 Time Trials
rFactor Wing Supermodified
- 7:00pm-Systems Checks
- 8:00-8:15pm- Group A Practice (no more than six cars per group)
- 8:15-8:30pm-Group B Practice (no more than six cars per group)
- 8:30-8:45pm-All-Skate Practice
- 8:00pm-Drivers Meeting
- 9:00pm-Time Trials: 13th Annual Summit Classic 125
13th Annual Summit Classic 125
rFactor Wing Supermodified
-13th Annual Summit Classic 125
- 6:00pm-7:00pm – Systems Checks
- 7:00pm-7:15pm – Practice: 8 Lap Sessions
- 7:15pm-7:45pm – Practice: 12 Lap Sessions
- 7:45pm-8:00pm – Practice: All-Skate/ Open Pit
- 8:00pm-8:15pm – Driver’s Meeting
- 8:15pm – Qualifying Heat Races for Summit Classic 125: 10 Laps.
- 8:30pm – 25 Lap B-Main (if needed)
- 8:30pm-8:40pm – Final Warmups: All-Skate/Open Pit
- 8:45-13th Annual Summit Classic 125 Driver Introductions and Pre-Race Festivities
- 9:00pm – 13th Annual Summit Classic 125 GREEN FLAG