October 18, 2010 – Goshen, IN… The Dion Parish Memorial 62 is the longest running and most prestigious memorial event for the Supermodified Ultimate Pavement Racing League, (SUPRS), and will take place at Rander Speedway on October 19, 2010.
This race honors the late Dion Parish. Dion was a supermodified racer that lost his life in a testing accident at Kalamazoo Speedway in 2002 while preparing for a late season event at Sandusky Speedway. His dedication to the supermodified division and “Never Give Up” attitude was the inspiration for the founding of the SUPRS league and is a constant reminder to all members that there are more important things in life than winning races.
This year’s race will be a special Pro-Am event which means both the Gold Crest and Silver Crest Gold Divisions will be competing to take home the win.
Practice for the 7th Annual Dion Parish Memorial will begin at 8pm est. The Drivers Meeting will follow at 8:45pm est and Racing is slated to start at 9pm est.
See you there!
Former Dion Parish Memorial Champions:
- 2004 Dion Parish Memorial Champion: Bobby Gangwer
- 2005 Dion Parish Memorial Champion: Sean O’Kane
- 2006 Dion Parish Memorial Champion: Ray Sand, Jr.
- 2007 Dion Parish Memorial Champion: Ray Sand, Jr.
- 2008 Dion Parish Memorial Champion: Chris Meyers
- 2009 Dion Parish Memorial Champion: John Davidson