Harvest of Speed at LaPorte Speedway Separates the Wheat from the Chaff
Goshen, IN October 19, 2015…The Supermodified Ultimate Pavement Racing Series, (SUPRS), season will open this week with the running of the Harvest of Speed at LaPorte Speedway on October 20.
This will mark the twelfth time the original online sim supermodified league has started their season at this fictional tight 3/8th track located in Northern Indiana and in that time only five different drivers have been able to drive their way to victory lane.
Defending SUPRS Gold Crest Wing Champion, Myles Maxon, tops the win list for this race. Maxon’s four Harvest of Speed victories at LaPorte make up the bulk of his seven total wins here . Three of those wins came in a row from 2007-2009. Only John Davidson has more total wins at this track having chalked up an incredible run of eight straight checkered flags from February 2005 to April 2006, with one of those being the 2005 Harvest of Speed.
Ray Sand, Jr., who is no slouch at LaPorte either, has five feature wins including the 2011 and 2013 Harvest of Speed races.
Sean O’Kane (2006), Gary Waldron (2010), and Chris Meyers (2012) are the only other drivers to have won the Harvest of Speed. Steve Callahan, Jim Crannell, Josh Crannell, Doug Heveron, and Jesse Kennedy have also etched their names into the SUPRS record book as one-time LaPorte Speedway race winners, although none of them brought in the Harvest.
This year’s Harvest of Speed will again be a part of the Indyana Supermod Challenge. With all the marks in the win column at LaPorte Speedway it should come as no surprise that Maxon and Sand, Jr. also have the most Indyana Supermod Challenge Championships with Maxon having six and Sand, Jr. three.
The overall Indyana Supermod Challenge Champion will be awarded 10 SUPRS Gold Crest Wing Championship points and receive a five-pound bag of Yoder’s award-winning Indiana popcorn.
Practice begins at 8:00pm, with the Drivers Meeting taking place at 8:15. Time Trials follow at 8:30pm and racing is set to start at 9:00pm.
Fans of supermodified racing and online sim racers alike can learn more about the Supermodified Ultimate Pavement Racing Series by visiting www.SUPRS.net, “Liking” SUPRS on Facebook, Circling SUPRS on Google+, Following @SUPRSOnline on Twitter, and Viewing SUPRS videos on YouTube.
Harvest of Speed Season Opener- Winged-LaPorte Speedway
- 2004 Harvest of Speed Season Opener Winner: N/A
- 2005 Harvest of Speed Season Opener Winner: John Davidson
- 2006 Harvest of Speed Season Opener Winner: Sean O’Kane
- 2007 Harvest of Speed Season Opener Winner: Myles Maxon
- 2008 Harvest of Speed Season Opener Winner: Myles Maxon
- 2009 Harvest of Speed Season Opener Winner: Myles Maxon
- 2010 Harvest of Speed Season Opener Winner: Gary Waldron
- 2011 Harvest of Speed Season Opener Winner: Ray Sand, Jr.
- 2012 Harvest of Speed Season Opener Winner: Chris Meyers
- 2013 Harvest of Speed Season Opener Winner: Ray Sand, Jr.
- 2014 Harvest of Speed Season Opener Winner: Myles Maxon