October 31, 2017 – Goshen, IN…The Supermodified Ultimate Pavement Racing Series, (SUPRS), will honor the men and women who have served in the United States Military with the running of the 2017 Veterans Day Special on November 7, 2017.
The race takes place, for the second year in a row, at Levi Strauss Signature Speedway. This picturesque fictional rFactor track built by Gator is a challenging half-mile, high-banked tri-oval configuration. The Great Smokey Mountain National Park as a backdrop will do little to comfort the SUPRS racers as they fly around a track that is very abrasive, has very little straight away, and leaves little room for error as they always seem to be turning.
Powell Knows the Secret
Last year’s winner Keith Powell, when asked about how to keep a tire from shredding off the car in a 75 lap feature said, “I don’t think there’s much you can do, it’s just the track and because we are always working the rear tires so hard here, it’s probably just something we’re going to have to deal with.”
Powell dealt with the same issues in 2016. “I had a good long run car, and I wasn’t too excited” he stated after the race. “There was some great racing out there and I was in fourth watching the top three, not pushing the car. I just hung around with the lead pack watching some awesome racing, that top five pack before that last caution that was really something else,” explained Powell.
Follow the Action
Supermodified and sim racing fans alike can view timing and scoring including track telemetry of the Veterans Day Special with SUPRS LIVE! To keep up with your favorite SUPRS racer in an instant just point your browser to www.SUPRS.net/site/live. This exciting page features live streaming video from the track as well as some of the drivers.
Learn more about the original supermodified sim racing sanction and read about real supermodified racing with a visit to www.SUPRS.net. Join SUPRS active and vibrant Social Media channels by “Liking” SUPRS on Facebook, Circling SUPRS on Google+, Following @SUPRSOnline on Twitter, and viewing SUPRS videos on YouTube.
It is the soldier, not the reporter,
Who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the soldier, not the poet,
Who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the soldier, not the campus organizer,
Who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.
It is the soldier, not the lawyer,
Who has given us the right to a fair trial.
It is the soldier who salutes the flag,
Who serves under the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag,
who allows the protester to burn the flag.
-Charles M. Province
SUPRS Veterans Day Special History:
- 2016 Veterans Day Special Winner-Keith Powell (Levi Strauss Signature Speedway-rF-Wing)
- 2015 Veterans Day Special Winner-Ray Sand, Jr. (Madera Speedway-rF-Non-Wing)
- 2014 Veterans Day Special Winner-Rob Warren (Memphis International Speedway-NH-Wing)
- 2013 Veterans Day Special Winner-Carl Becker/Ray Sand, Jr. ( Double Header-Salem Speedway-NH-Wing/Non-Wing)
- 2012 No Race
- 2011 Veterans Day Special Winner-Dave Biro III (New River Valley Speedway-NH-Wing)
- 2010 Veterans Day Special Winner-John Davidson (New River Valley Speedway-NH-Wing)
- 2009 Veterans Day Special Winner-Steve Callahan (New River Valley Speedway-NH-Wing)
- 2008 Veterans Day Special Winner-John Davidson (New River Valley Speedway-NH-Wing)