Goshen, IN – June 9, 2017…The Supermodified Ultimate Pavement Racing Series, (SUPRS), tradition of honoring one of the greatest innovators, drivers, and champions in all of supermodified racing continues with the 12th Annual Jim Shampine Memorial on June 13, 2017 at Oswego Speedway.
This long-running SUPRS race pays homage to supermodified builder, racer and innovator, the late Jim Shampine and it’s one event that every supermodified sim racer would love to win.
Jim Shampine was a seven-time Oswego Speedway Champion that not only won more feature events at Oswego Speedway, (87), than any other driver, but also had three Oswego Speedway International Classic 200 wins to his name, was a two-time winner of the Star Speedway International Classic 200, and after perfecting his ground-breaking “radical offset roadster”, strung together 11 feature wins in a row at Oswego Speedway and set the stage for the future of supermodified design.
Shampine also helped found and was the 1977 International Supermodified Association champion.
Prior to his death in the 1982 Modified 200 at Oswego Speedway, Shampine’s legacy was already well established and continues on to this day as one the one most talked about in all supermodified circles across the country.
The winner of this year’s event receives a custom trophy courtesy of 1st to Finish Race Servers and becomes a SUPRS 13th Annual Topless! 200 Guaranteed Starter. Also, a special award goes to the eighth place finisher.
Rob Warren is the defending race winner and will try to defend his title at the SUPRS 12th Annual Jim Shampine Memorial 80 on Tuesday June 13, 2017. The SUPRS Race Server will open at 7pm for an hour of Systems Checks, with Official Practice starting at 8pm. Then at 8:45pm the drivers will all attempt to set a new track record at SUPRS version of Oswego Speedway where the Elite 8 qualifiers get locked into the feature event. At 9:00pm heat races will qualify the rest of the field of 20.
Watch, Listen, Enjoy
Be a part of the worldwide audience for SUPRS 12th Annual Jim Shampine Memorial with SUPRS LIVE! It’s a great way for fans to keep up with their favorite SUPRS driver with live video, track telemetry and scoring and timing.
For fans that miss the live stream, the full replay is available for on the SUPRS Twitch channel for up to 14 days and the edited version on the SUPRS YouTube Channel within 72 hours of each event.
Fans can learn more about the original online supermodified sim sanction, the Supermodified Ultimate Pavement Racing Series, when they visit www.SUPRS.net. Join SUPRS active and vibrant Social Media channels by “Liking” SUPRS on Facebook, Circling SUPRS on Google+, Following @SUPRSOnline on Twitter, and viewing SUPRS videos on YouTube.
Jim Shampine Memorial-Non-Wing-Jennerstown Speedway/Oswego Speedway
- 2006 Jim Shampine Memorial Champion-Jennerstown Speedway: Dave Soja
- 2007 Jim Shampine Memorial Champion-Jennerstown Speedway: Myles Maxon
- 2008 Jim Shampine Memorial Champion-Oswego Speedway: Myles Maxon
- 2009 Jim Shampine Memorial Champion-Oswego Speedway: Kris Heveron
- 2010 Jim Shampine Memorial Champion-Oswego Speedway: John Davidson
- 2011 Jim Shampine Memorial Champion-Oswego Speedway: John Davidson
- 2012 Jim Shampine Memorial Champion-Oswego Speedway: Dave Biro III
- 2013 Jim Shampine Memorial Champion-Oswego Speedway: Ray Sand, Jr.
- 2014 Jim Shampine Memorial Champion-Oswego Speedway: Myles Maxon
- 2015 Jim Shampine Memorial Champion-Oswego Speedway: Ray Sand, Jr.
- 2016 Jim Shampine Memorial Champion-Oswego Speedway: Rob Warren