The Supermodified Ultimate Pavement Racing Series will kick off the 10th Annual Keystone Nationals tonight at Harrisburg Speedway.
This multi-race swing through the state of Pennsylvania challenges the SUPRS racers over the course of three nights on three very distinctive race tracks as they battle each other for the Keystone Nationals Championship and the valuable bonus points that go along with the crown.
Harrisburg Speedway is a flat, fast and tricky half-mile that will quickly swallow up and spit out any racer that gets too close to the inside rail or let’s the car drift too wide off of the corners. After 50 feature laps here, there’s sure to be several drivers looking for new wheels.
On Tuesday night the racers will compete at RT 93 Raceway which is also a half-mile. Many SUPRS racers compare it to the legendary and now defunct Flemington Speedway and while being somewhat square-shaped, say that the fast way around is to run a near perfect circle. They’ll be doing that for 5o laps and trying not to get too dizzy.
Finally, on Wednesday evening, the Keystone Nationals will culminate with the race that is one of the longest running in SUPRS history; The Randy Witkum Memorial. This 125 lap grind at the famed Jennerstown Speedway honors the late Randy Witkum, a supermodified racer that tragically lost his life while participating in an International Supermodified Association event at Jennerstown in 1999.
The winner of the Randy Witkum Memorial will become a guaranteed starter for the season ending Summit Classic 125.
Practice each night starts at 8:00pm with a full format of Time Trials, Heats, and Feature to follow.
Fans of supermodified racing and online sim racers alike can learn more about the Supermodified Ultimate Pavement Racing Series by visiting www.SUPRS.net, “Liking” SUPRS on Facebook, Circling SUPRS on Google+, Following @SUPRSOnline on Twitter, and Viewing SUPRS videos on YouTube.
SUPRS-“Supermodified Sim Racing for the Right Reasons”
Keystone Nationals History:
- 2005 Keystone Nationals Champion: Sean Gibbs
- 2006 Keystone Nationals Champion: Myles Maxon
- 2007 Keystone Nationals Champion: Myles Maxon
- 2008-09 Keystone Nationals Champion: Steve Callahan
- 2009-10 Keystone Nationals Champion: Myles Maxon
- 2010-11 Keystone Nationals Champion: Myles Maxon
- 2011-12 Keystone Nationals Champion: Rob Warren
- 2012-13 Keystone Nationals Champion: Ray Sand, Jr.
- 2013-14 Keystone Nationals Champion: Bob Gangwer
Randy Witkum Memorial-Jennerstown Speedway-History:
- 2004 Randy Witkum Memorial 63 Champion: John Davidson
- 2005 Randy Witkum Memorial 63 Champion: Gary Waldron
- 2006 Randy Witkum Memorial 63 Champion: Ray Sand, Jr.
- 2007 Randy Witkum Memorial 125 Champion: Bobby Gangwer
- 2008-09 Randy Witkum Memorial 125 Champion: Gary Waldron
- 2009-10 Randy Witkum Memorial 125 Champion: Myles Maxon
- 2010-11 Randy Witkum Memorial 125 Champion: Chris Meyers
- 2011-12 Randy Witkum Memorial 125 Champion: Rob Warren
- 2012-13 Randy Witkum Memorial 125 Champion: Rob Warren
- 2013-14 Randy Witkum Memorial 125 Champion: Steve Callahan