Topless! 200 Finish Will Determine SUPRS Gold Crest Non-Wing Championship for Third Season in a Row
August 15, 2015 – Goshen, IN…The Supermodified Ultimate Pavement Racing Series will bring its 11th Gold Crest Non-Wing Championship season to a close this week with the running of the 11th Annual Topless! 200.
The excitement begins Tuesday August 17 with Time Trials for the 11th Annual Topless! 200. While everyone will have a shot at the pole position only the top two qualifiers will be locked into the 2015 Gold Crest Non-Wing Championship marquee event.
On Tuesday August 18 the 2015 non-wing supermodified points battle will be decided with the running of the 11th Annual Topless! 200 at Oswego Speedway after the field is filled through qualifying heat races. 200 laps is a long way to go and strategy as well as speed will be the defining key to a win in this always eventful race.
This will mark the first time the SUPRS racers have used the rFactor gaming platform for this race, which throws a whole new set of unknowns into an event that is already packed with intensity.
The race is also the last leg of the six race Xtreme SUPRS Challenge Championship that has spanned the summer months.
Rob Warren is in position to claim his first ever SUPRS Gold Crest championship after a consistent season to date. Warren is the 2008-09 SUPRS Silver Crest Champion, has one win in SUPRS inaugural rFactor season, and is the 2015 Mr. Online Supermodified.
Three-time Topless! 200 winner Ray Sand, Jr. will need a good run to take an unprecedented fourth SUPRS Gold Crest Non-Wing Championship. Sand, Jr. came out of the hole strong with two straight wins, including his second Jim Shampine Memorial which gives him a guaranteed starting spot for the Topless! 200.
Lately though Sand, Jr. has been plagued with computer issues and has struggled as well as an unpredictable car. Like last year, when he trailed eventual Champion Myles Maxon by 22 points coming into this race, he’ll have his work cut out trying to overcome Warren’s by 17 point lead.
Sand, Jr. and Warren are also both very much in the hunt for the Xtreme SUPRS Challenge Championship but will have to topple current XSCC point man Brian Strickland, who won the wing part of the SUPRS 8th Annual Mr. Online Supermodified. As of this writing it is unclear if Strickland will attempt to make the Topless! 200.
Surprising many, including himself, Keith Powell has put himself within the mathematical range of his first SUPRS championship.
Powell, after sitting out of SUPRS competition for several years, has come back with a vengeance and has found the SUPRS rFactor mod much to his liking. He recently won the 11th Annual “The Whistler” Pete Trenca Memorial and procured the last 2015 guaranteed starting spot for the Topless! 200. Powell sits 35 points out of first and only 18 behind Sand, Jr. in the standings.
To date there have been nine different winners in ten races including the four mentioned above. Other probable entrants include SUPRS 2015 winners Chris Meyers, Joe Achzet, Steve Callahan, Joey Callahan, and AJ Bernys.
Long-time SUPRS member Domenic Gioia has indicated that he will be ready to go as well.
Supermodified and online racing fans can view timing and scoring of every SUPRS race this season with SUPRS LIVE! You’ll be able to keep up with your favorite SUPRS racer in an instant by going to www.SUPRS.net/site/live.
All fans can learn more about the original and oldest online supermodified sim sanction, the Supermodified Ultimate Pavement Racing Series, when they visit www.SUPRS.net. Join SUPRS active and vibrant Social Media channels by “Liking” SUPRS on Facebook, Circling SUPRS on Google+, Following @SUPRSOnline on Twitter, and viewing SUPRS videos on YouTube.
It all comes down to this race and it’s sure to be a barn burner packed with action and suspense. Don’t miss it!
Topless! 200 – Non Wing – A SUPRS Triple Crown Race – Jennerstown/Oswego Speedways
- 2005 Topless! 200 Champion-Jennerstown Speedway: John Davidson
- 2006 Topless! 200 Champion-Jennerstown Speedway: John Davidson
- 2007 Topless! 200 Champion-Jennerstown Speedway: Myles Maxon
- 2008 Topless! 200 Champion-Oswego Speedway: Jamie Hartley
- 2009 Topless! 200 Champion-Oswego Speedway:JR Radcliff
- 2010 Topless! 200 Champion-Oswego Speedway: Dave Biro III
- 2011 Topless! 200 Champion-Oswego Speedway: Ray Sand, Jr.
- 2012 Topless! 200 Champion-Oswego Speedway: Ray Sand, Jr.
- 2013 Topless! 200 Champion-Oswego Speedway: Ray Sand, Jr.
- 2014 Topless! 200 Champion-Oswego Speedway: Myles Maxon
11th Annual Topless! 200 Awards-
- SUPRS 11th Annual Topless! 200 winner- (must be registered SUPRS Gold Crest member to be eligible): 1st to Finish Docks & Hoists winner tee-shirt; Trophy Courtesy of 1st to Finish Docks & Hoists; 1 general admission ticket to 2015 Oswego Speedway International Classic 200-Courtesy of Myles Maxon.
- SUPRS 11th Annual Topless! 200 P2 Award-(must be registered SUPRS Gold Crest member to be eligible): Vintage Oswego Speedway International Classic 200 Yearbook; Bentley Warren static window cling-Courtesy BreezeGraphics.com
- SUPRS 11th Annual Topless! 200 SUPRSCharger-(must be registered SUPRS member-awarded to driver advancing most positions from starting spot): TBA
- XSCC 11th Annual Topless! 200 winner-(must be registered SUPRS member and registered XSCC driver to be eligible) 2015 Oswego Speedway International Classic 200 t-shirt Courtesy WAG’s Custom & Cool Awards; 2015 Oswego Speedway International Classic 200 Yearbook awarded to highest finishing XSCC registered driver-Courtesy Wing Side Up
Topless! 200 format can be found here.
Xtreme SUPRS Challenge Championship Rules and Procedures can be found on this page.
Only those that have signed up to compete with SUPRS as a SUPRS Member by August 16, 2015 will be eligible to run on Tuesday August 18.
Only those drivers that registered for the Xtreme SUPRS Challenge.Championship by April 13 are eligible for points towards the XSCC.