Tom Heveron Delivers at Derry Raceway Park for Groundhog Day Derby Win
Derry, ME – February 2, 2008…“Tiger” Tom Heveron of Vero Beach, FL capitalized on his pole position and led every lap of the Supermodified Ultimate Pavement Racing Series, (SUPRS), Groundhog Day Derby at the “Trick Track”, Derry Raceway Park.
On a rare Saturday date for SUPRS, Heveron was happy that Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow and predicted six more weeks of winter meaning there would be no time trials and a random start for the 25 lap feature.
“You never know how it will end up since it’s all up to a groundhog, but I’m glad I got the pole,” said the Heveron Group Incorporated owner.
Myles Maxon and John Davidson followed Heveron across the line and “Crazy” Chris Meyers was deemed SUPRSCharger and awarded 10 bonus points for climbing to P8 after starting 12th and last on the field.
The next SUPRS race will be a SUPRS Blind Date night on February 5, 2008.
SUPRS Race Results
4th Annual Groundhog Day Derby
Derry Raceway Park
Feature Finish-25 Laps
- 66-Tom Heveron: Vero Beach, FL; HGI, Cleaning for a Reason *|**|!
- 79-Myles Maxon: Oswego, NY; Tamarack Golf Club, JimmyV.org
- 5-John Davidson: San Diego, CA; SupermodifiedScoreCard.com
- 18-Ray Sand, Jr.: Rochester, NY; SandmanRacing.com
- 1-Kris Heveron: Jenson Beach, FL; HGI, Showplace Landscaping
- 63-Dave Soja: Amherst, OH; Ziggy’s Sports Bar, All-Star Pools
- 25-Bob Gangwer: Goshen, IN; WingSideUp.com, B&G Racing Photos
- 23-Chris Meyers: Amherst, OH; Charlies Towing^
- 12-Buddy Cottom: Oswego, NY; Flat Out Racing, Hawk Jr. Chassis
- 10-Gary Waldron: Wyoming, MI; Ada Automotive, Michigan Hill Gang
- 55-Steve Callahan; Cayuhoga Falls, OH; AT&T, Ice Oil
- 42-Carl Becker; Lansing, MI; Wholesale Diamond Exchange, Michigan Hill Gang
Time of Race: 7:00.000
- * Denotes Lap Led
- ** Denotes Most Laps Led
- ! Denotes Fastest Lap of Race
- ^ Denotes SUPRSCharger